Use of transposing towers

Discussieer mee over de wereld van het grootschalig elektriciteitsnet en alles wat daarmee te maken heeft
Plaats reactie
Toliman
380 kV

Use of transposing towers

Bericht door Toliman » 07 okt 2020 21:27

In Germany transposition of conductors on electricity pylons are common (also in the single phase AC-grid of the German Railway Company, DB AG) and at many lines it took place according to the transposition scheme. As I know transposition is also performed in many other countries and even the 1150 kV-line Ekibastuz-Kokshetau uses, as one can see on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekibastuz ... Oblast.jpg transposition.
But why do the Belgium power company obviously uses no transpositions? Which other countries have also no or few transpositions?
As not using transpositions can result in unsymmetric load on the lines, is this not against the grid code of ENTSO-E?

Shrek
380 kV + Netkaartcrew
Dichtstbijzijnde trafo: Wespelaar

Re: Use of transposing towers

Bericht door Shrek » 07 okt 2020 21:33

Toliman schreef:As not using transpositions can result in unsymmetric load on the lines, is this not against the grid code of ENTSO-E?
Het effect van die assymetrische capaciteit is zodanig klein dat het verwaarloosbaar is. Het effect van bijvoorbeeld bifase transfos van de spoorwegen is vele malen groter en ook dat kan.
Wisselmasten zijn gewoon overbodig, in Nederland hebben ze dat uiteindelijk ook begrepen ;)

Tom
380 kV
Dichtstbijzijnde trafo: Lochem

Re: Use of transposing towers

Bericht door Tom » 07 okt 2020 21:54

I am not a grid expert, but I ve heard that it is still a sort of an issue whether or not these towers are needed. Here in the Netherlands some of the newer lines don't have transposition towers either. Since the clock numbers are the same here in all of the 380 kV lines that causes unbalances. I don't know how bad it is, but the effect is there.

Plaats reactie